Pest Management Insurance

Protect your business with our specialised pest management insurance policies

We understand your risks

When you or one of your employees are out on the job, there are all kinds of things that can go wrong. From injuries you can sustain as a pest controller, to damage you can inadvertently cause to the property of your client, or even the clients themselves.

With over 25 years experience working in your industry, you can conduct your daily business operations knowing that the premiere insurer for Pest Management is behind you.

Our knowledge, experience and understanding of the risks you face, allow us to deliver protection packages that are tailored specifically to you.

Professional Indemnity insurance

Professional Indemnity insurance covers a breach of your duty of care and/or duty to warn, whilst performing your day to day business activities. Any errors or omissions that result in a financial loss to a third party could result in a claim being made against you.

Generally anyone that takes a fee for service and offers advice or a product that a third party relies on, should strongly consider insuring against professional negligence.

We offer up to $2,000,000 cover with competitive premiums with an option for higher cover if requested. We recommend that you take a level of cover that is sufficient to provide for the cost of both the damage caused, or in the case of an inspection the damage missed, and the cost of a legal case.

What it covers

Here are some examples of what your professional indemnity policy would cover:

  • Failure to report on evidence of timber pests during a timber pest inspection

  • An unsuccessful termite treatment that resulted in further termite damage to a property

  • Incorrect pest chemical application that has caused damage to lawns, vegetation, crops or other property

  • Damage resulting from a chemical treatment, such as damage to paint work on a house

General and Public Liability

General and Public Liability covers you for personal injury or property damage to others occurring in connection with your normal business activities. We offer up to $20,000,000 liability cover with competitive premiums on a policy wording, underwritten by Pacific International Insurance Pty Limited, which is specifically worded for your industry.



This is a question that comes up very often when it comes to pest control, and the answer is yes. Pest controllers need insurance for liability, because, like all lines of work, there is a risk of incurring damage.

Why is personal injury a risk?

Personal injury can occur if someone on, or near, the property that you are working at is hurt because of your activities. That person, or their family, may claim compensation from you for that injury, and any expenses they incur as a result.

An injury can occur from someone simply tripping over your equipment or slipping on an area that you have treated. Property damage can occur by your equipment scratching or marking floors or furniture, the technician falling through the ceiling or an animal being injured or poisoned by the chemicals.

Claims of this nature, especially personal injury can take many years to go through the legal system. You therefore need to be sure you have sufficient cover now, to protect you against a settlement amount that will be determined in several years time.

Environmental Impairment Insurance

This is often referred to as Sudden and Accidental Pollution Cover and is covered by our liability policy. It covers the cost of containment and clean up of an accidental or unintentional chemical spill or discharge that could cause environmental impairment or pollution. These costs can run into many thousands of dollars.

It protects you in the event of a chemical spill that occurs during your treatment and the spill contaminates waterways, local water authority drainage systems, etc.

However it does not cover you for spillage from your vehicle. For that you require PestShield™ Vehicle Insurance.


PestShield™ Vehicle Insurance

Through IAL t/as CGU Insurance, we offer a motor vehicle insurance policy that is designed especially for those that carry equipment and/or chemicals. Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance is provided with the options of covering your fixed and/or removable equipment that you have in or carry on your vehicle.

Included in your CGU Policy:

  • Full Glass Cover
  • Fixed and Removable Equipment
  • $100,000 chemical spillage

Important Documents:

PDS  |   Supplementary PDS  |  Benefits

Other Insurance Options

As an authorised representative of Ausure Insurance Brokers to provide you with a greater number of insurance options for both you and your business.

We can provide insurance for:

  • Motor Vehicle Insurance
  • Business & Liability Insurance
  • Electronic Equipment Insurance
  • Home and Contents
  • Caravan Insurance
  • Marine Insurance
  • Farm Insurance
  • Construction Insurance
  • Income Protection

If you would like further information in regards to any of these products visit Other Insurance.

Rapid Brokers Pty Ltd (ABN 53 101 545 626) is an Authorised Representative (No. 402807) of Ausure Pty Ltd (ABN 94 096 971 854 AFSL 238 433). Rapid Brokers is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rapid Solutions Pty Ltd. Please read Ausure Pty Ltd's Financial Service Guide (FSG).

Ready for a quote?

Rapid Solutions is the only underwriting agent with access to the specialist professional indemnity and general and public liability insurance offered by Pacific International Insurance Pty Limited. We offer competitive premiums on a policy wording, which are specifically worded for your industry.

As an insured client of Rapid Solutions you have access to our unique Homeowners Insurance policy, TimberSecure. Want to know more? Follow the link below.

  • Secure 5 years of termite inspection work
  • Protects your No Claim Bonus
  • No insurance paperwork or additional forms required
  • All inspections and treatments must comply with AS3660