Get a Rapid Response Quote now

Qualifications and Licences

It's important to understand what qualifications and licences you need to operate.


Pest Management

There is no national pest control technician licence in Australia and all the States and Territories have different licence requirements and regulations. Please visit our State Licensing page to determine if you have the necessary licence for your location. If you have not yet completed the relevant training, we are currently accepting expression of interest for our Nationally Recognised training courses for Basic Pest Management and Timber Pest Management.


Building Inspection

For builder inspection insurance, we require that you are one of the following:

  • A licenced builder
  • Able to obtain a builders licence
  • Have Certificate IV in Building, with 5 years hands-on experience
  • An architect
  • A surveyor
  • Structural engineer
  • A qualified and experienced carpenter may be considered for cover

Note: If you are in Queensland, you need to hold a Completed Residential Building Inspection Licence.


Agricultural Pest and Weed

For agricultural pest and weed insurance, you need to hold a current certificate of one of the following:

  • ChemCert
  • SMARTtrain

Note: If you are in Queensland, you will also need to hold a Commercial Operators Licence.


Firearm Use

We offer cover for control of birds, feral animals and other vertebrate animals. You will require a current shooters licence in the relevant categories and a company procedures manual.

Frequently Asked Questions

I'm in QLD and performing termite work, what other licences do I need?

Pty Ltd Company Sole Trader/Partnership Pest Technician (employee)
  • QBCC company licence
  • Nominated supervisor's licence
  • QBCC individual licence
  • Pre-construction: QBCC contractor licence class - Physical
  • Post-construction: QBCC contractor licence class - Chemical

Note: A technician (employee) does not need a QBCC licence if only doing post-construction termite work and does not do inspections or the Treatment Proposal.

Can I work in different states / territories?

If you hold the relevant state/territory licence.

I'm a pest manager. I hold units 5, 6 & 18 and a current pest control licence. Can I perform termite work?

Each state has different licencing requirements, however we cannot provide insurance for termite work unless you have completed units 8 & 10

Do you have the required qualifications and licences?